About Life ... Sobre a vida ...

We all breath, cry, feel lonely, love regardless of our race, gender or orientation. We all crave the human touch at some stage in our lives, someone to hold, someone to simply be there for us during our moments of need. After all, everyone in this life deserves "happiness". In the form that corresponds our personal point of view...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Neuroblastoma




Good deeds shouldn't be mentioned. But its a way to raise awareness to this cause.

The other day, I was checking on Samantha's page and I decided to help a bit with my own forces to the fight against Neuroblastoma. On Friday arrived the wristband with a card, a brochure about the foundation and a hand-written note. I honestly had tears in my eyes when I read it. It just said thanks but I felt like I really made a difference.

So I decided to make more. Since then, every night, before I get to bed, I write to a couple of little angels through postpals or sign their individual guestbook on their sites. I try to be there for them in this simple way. Trust me...they need it so much...

I won't say much. You can see the picture on the left. It doesn't cost much. Just some clicks and some coins from your pocket. But remember that you are helping little angels have a better life!

www.georgies-fund.com
www.postpals.co.uk

2 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

There's something called lunch for life - they raise money for Neuroblastoma...

I think the link is lunchforlife.org

Mark Dugan started it - and all money goes directly to Neuroblastoma research.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:39:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for helping in the fight against this terrible disease. My toddler has been fighting neuroblastoma since January, and it is heartwarming to see so many people giving of their time and resources to help these precious little souls.

In Canada, the James Fund ( www.jamesfund.ca ) is doing a lot to stimulate research into treatment for neuroblastoma.

Cheers,
Faye

Sunday, April 30, 2006 7:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home