About Life ... Sobre a vida ...

We all breath, cry, feel lonely, love regardless of our race, gender or orientation. We all crave the human touch at some stage in our lives, someone to hold, someone to simply be there for us during our moments of need. After all, everyone in this life deserves "happiness". In the form that corresponds our personal point of view...

Monday, May 08, 2006

What about me? (for once!)

I'm beginning to think that there are two options. Either I am too old to make new friends, or I have problems hence the age, to choose the appropriate ones.

I'm sick and tired of people that use me and then throw me away like an empty soda canister. When they need me-let me rephrase that-when they need company, I'm there, we have a good time, I try to cheer them up, to help them forget or even solve some of their problems and then, they find others, more "friendly" ones, to replace me.

The most annoying thing about this is the fact that they, themselves, were making fun of people that were doing the same things before. They were reproving the others' behavior. Big words. Without meaning.

I'm totally aware of the fact that I should sit down and talk to them. But unfortunately I'm also aware that I 'm impulsive and I'll loose my temper easily, without my wanting to... So I prefer for the time to wait and see. Naturally my attitude will comply with my growing sad feelings about them. I can't help it though. Maybe it's better this way. Sending a message that may, or may not be received.

"Them" is used at random.

2 Comments:

Blogger James Bailey said...

I know where you are coming from. I too am always there for all my friends, yet when I need them - some simply are "unavailable".
I ended up biting the bullet [so to speak], and in the last 6 months, have culled my friends down to those that are not only looking for my support, but are also there for when I need them.
The rest, well, I simply have lost touch with deliberately. And those that have asked why, have got a straight-to-the-point explanation with a "thanks but no thanks" to the continuation of the friendship.
Sounds harsh, but .. as once someone said, you dont know who your true friends are until you need them.

Friday, May 12, 2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger I.I said...

θα συμφωνήσω -στα ελληνικά- με τον προλαλήσαντα...

ξεκουβάλα απ' όσους δεν είναι άξιοι της φιλίας σου ή πες τους αυτό που κάνουν κατάμουτρα, ή θα διορθωθούν και θα γίνουν πραγματικοί φίλοι ή θα πάρουν το δρόμο τους
και στ' αγγλικά: been there, done that and i know how much it hurts.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home