About Life ... Sobre a vida ...

We all breath, cry, feel lonely, love regardless of our race, gender or orientation. We all crave the human touch at some stage in our lives, someone to hold, someone to simply be there for us during our moments of need. After all, everyone in this life deserves "happiness". In the form that corresponds our personal point of view...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Depicting Love


Since I hate taboos, I will just cut to the chase and talk openly and in the way I feel about Brokeback Mountain.

I just finished watching it. Apart from the photography, the direction and the performances of the film, which by the way as a triplet were astonishing, I think that love stories like this one, have been a rarity in the big screen for a long time.

I don't mean the 2 cowboys. I mean the actual intensity of the feeling. The need of contact. The trueness of the devotion. They emptiness that ruled both of their lives while away from each other. How awful was the remote thought that everything could end. That even these drops of happiness that they had together could vanish into oblivion.

Oblivion? No they couldn't forget... People could talk about them. They could whisper and say things.. But they had Brokeback, standing there, forever, to remind them that what they lived together was true. That was there. That was alive throughout the years. Even if their lives took different paths. Paths at times shorter than others...
Call me whatever you want.. I don't actually care. In any case, nobody comments on what I'm writing here. I believe with all my heart, with all my strength, with my entire existence, that this kind of love, of...LOVE, exists... I don't know whether I may find it one day or not.. I must be a damned lucky son of a gun if I do...
They were...

Through my adolescence, I used to dream of a kind of Love that I couldn't express with words. I dreamt friendship in that kind of love. A kind of friendship that overrides all others. A kind of friendship that binds 2 people together and brings them to a level of relationship where each one completes another....Well what the heck...Just watch the film and you'll know what I mean by LOVE. I could never express it in words, but at last I could watch it being depicted by a most wonderful film...

1 Comments:

Blogger RRP said...

eloquently put - well done!

the movie truly is transcendal... and i still ache everytime i think of ennis and jack.

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home