About Life ... Sobre a vida ...

We all breath, cry, feel lonely, love regardless of our race, gender or orientation. We all crave the human touch at some stage in our lives, someone to hold, someone to simply be there for us during our moments of need. After all, everyone in this life deserves "happiness". In the form that corresponds our personal point of view...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Earthly take-off

When was the last time that you "wasted" a couple of minutes, moments, even seconds of your busy and workaholic life to look up to the sky? To just take a look at the random shapes and forms of the clouds?

I remember that, as a child, I often spent a large portion of my play time, just gazing at the sky. Trying to spot an airplane crossing a couple of clouds, even making an effort if I were in a silent place, to catch with my hearing the almost imperceptible sound of its engines.

Other times, I would just stare at the clouds trying to spot known figures out of their shapes. A circle, a triangle, or even more complex ones, like a face or an animal. A kid's wanton imagination
can weave many games and see many figures out of the simplest things.

Maybe all that sky gazing, gave birth to my love to astronomy. I forgot to mention that I didn't only stare at the sky on day time, but there were summers that I used to sleep out on the balcony, waiting for the moon to appear, or a meteor shower that was on schedule to happen late at night.

The point is, that we leave out of our life and forget things that were breathtaking when we were younger. And the reason is... well the reason is that we don't have time to spend for ourselves. I'm sure some may find cloud-hunting a silly and childish game, with no practical reason of even existing. But I'm sure as well, that many have a child lurking inside. A little kid that sometimes needs its time to "play" and become once again the kid we used to know. The kid we grew up with and never actually grew up. Ourselves...

2 Comments:

Blogger alximist said...

well, I consider myself lucky, wanderer. Living in this country, only driving around, I must make an efford not to see the beuaty of the sky or the nature around me. In Athens, the sky is hidden, in Hong Kong you feel the burdon on your chest from the highscrapers, in Beijing the sky is grey and poluted... it depends a lot where you are...

Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Anilikos said...

Good for you alximist. Thank God not every city in the world is like Athens Beijing or Hong Kong

Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home